Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Gotcha!

So, do you remember my crush on that Ikea lamp that was sold out?

Walmart Hometrends Nova Lamp Base

Yeah, me neither. This baby totally had me at HELLO $25!!

While it's not really $15 like it's being advertised on Walmart's Hometrends main page, when paired with a shade I found on clearance at Target for $7, the grand total for this lamp comes in at $32... $8 less than the Ikea one! And that's not even counting the fact that I didn't have to drive out of the state to get it. Walmart.com shipped it to my local store with their "site-to-store" shipping for free. The only drawback was that I had to go into Walmart to get it*, but now that it's home and looking fabulous in my bedroom I'd say it was worth the headache.

*A word about Walmart: I had been boycotting the company for years simply because it is not a pleasure to shop there and why spend money in a place that I hate to go? In 2010, I decided to give the company another shot at winning my business. I have since made two big purchases and the verdict so far? Yup, still hate going there. I may just pay the extra money next time to get it shipped directly to me and forego the headache of interacting with the Wal-People.

No comments:

Post a Comment