Friday, March 5, 2010

And little man, little Lola wants you

Ever since my wonderful boyfriend got me a Canon Digital Rebel Xsi for Christmas, I have been on the hunt for a camera bag. You may remember me drooling over Bankgrrl's camera bag on Etsy, but her shop's been sold out for a while now. At first I kicked myself for waiting to buy the bag... but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. It gave me time to really think about what I wanted in a camera bag.
  1. No black, bland, manly and boring bags that scream "I have tons of expensive gear in me!"
  2. Must have compartmentalized sections, bonus if they're removable and customizable
  3. Needs a long strap so bag can be worn messenger-style, bonus if it also has shoulder straps
  4. Needs pockets for batteries, memory cards, keys, wallet, etc
The big minus for Bankgrrl's bag is that it's a tote with no chance of wearing it messenger-style. Not to be easily dismayed, I emailed Bankgrrl to see if she had a messenger-style bag in the wings. Here was her response:

The camera bag has shoulder straps, but no long strap. I'll be designing a new messenger style bag soon as well as one with a longer strap, but I can't say when those will be ready.
-ketti

So, with my list of demands ready, I fumbled around the Internet looking for a camera bag that could satisfy my needs. Luckily, it didn't take me long to discover Ephiphanie bags. And Lola:

Lola, from Epiphanie bags

And don't worry! She has shoulder straps, they're just not in this picture. Trust me, she's everything I wanted! I can't wait for her to get to me!

---

Anyone interested in picking up Lola (or one of her sisters, Belle and Ginger) should do so before the end of this month. Why? Because Epiphanie is giving away a brand new Canon 5D Mark II or $2500 Southwest Airlines gift certificate. You can do any number of things to enter, like donate to charity or sign up for her mailing list, but you get 10 entries just for picking up one of her awesome camera bags before the end of March! It's a win-win! Check out the Epiphanie Blog for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment